Q 1. People say that you cannot pump the ocean dry. The passive voice of the above sentence is –
- The ocean can not be pumped dry.
- It is said that you can not pump the ocean dry.
- It is said that the ocean can not be pumped dry.
- It is said that the ocean can not be pumped dry by you.
Q 2. He work hard for his exams. Frame a question for the above sentences –
- Do he works hard for his exams?
- Does he works hard for his exams?
- Does he work hard for his exams ?
- Why do he work hard for his exams ?
Q 3. Which is not an important purpose of reading at higher stage in secondary schools ?
- Reading with comprehension
- Reading with speed
- Reading with pleasure
- Reading slowly
Q 4. Match stic figures are also called –
- Pin head
Q 5. I am honest. choose the correct question tag for above sentences –
- Am n’t ?
- Aren’t I
- Am I ?
- Are I
Q 6. Which of these is not a Graphic teaching Aid ?
Q 7. Bulletin board is a sheet made of
- Cork , celesta
- All of these
Q 8. The sound Its /is represent by
Q 9. Don’t call my sister again other wise I ------call the police (warning)
Q 10. She always mange’s to Spin a yarn and convinces the boos. Give meaning of the idiom. (underlined)
- Conuince him
- To mislead
- To tell a long story
- Make somebody agree